GCU require a Reinstatement Supervisor for a £35 million Telecom Infrastructure project in Dundee.
The role will involve effectively managing and overseeing the day-to-day operational duties of field operatives, ensuring a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time in a safe and compliant manner.
- Management and supervision of all field operatives
- Support in the delivery of the business KPI’s and aiming to continuing to improve supplier performance
- Feedback risk to the management team
- Order materials/plant/transport etc as required for field resources to undertake their role
- To ensure resource capacity matches workload
- To measure and record work undertaken daily
- To build and maintain a working relationship with senior management within GCU and the client
- Ensure all field operatives comply with the Health & Safety Regulations
- To ensure Road Opening licences/Traffic Control permits are adhered to
Control costs, productivity and efficiency of site and contract
- Ensuring all work is reinstated within standard, you will need to adhere to permits and their conditions/ opening notices/ Local Authority requirements and that the Highway Authorities and Utilities Committee
- Ensure operatives are inducted and hold the correct competencies suitable for the task
- Monitor the correct recording and reporting of work, measure the effectiveness and productivity of resources on regular basis
- Carry out regular minimum standard inspections
Skills and experience required:
A proven track record of working as reinstatement supervisor within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities would be advantageous. NRSWA supervisor qualification is required. Managers with a civils background will also be considered. Full UK driving license is required. The ability to provide management to field-based teams, understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness is expected. A Site Supervisor will also be able to work collaboratively with senior staff within GCU, the client and the supply chain.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, company vehicle, fuel card, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme. Accommodation assistance can be offered where required.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.