GCU have opportunities for Traffic Management Operatives in Inverness and Dundee.
A TM operative will undertake various duties linked to temporary traffic management signage, delivery, collection and practical traffic management.
- Safe installation of Temporary Traffic Management, including road closures and diversions
- Distributing cones, signs, frames, sandbags, and other equipment in adherence to Chapter 8
- Liaise daily with other members of your team, subcontractors and clients
- You will be expected to comply with company policies, with priority given to Health, & Safety issues
- Interpret plans and drawings associated with any/all Traffic Management
- To support the supervisor & site team leader
- Assisting with the scheduling of the resources
- Maintaining traffic management equipment and carrying out repairs
Skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will possess Lantra 12D, a valid driving licence and knowledge of materials used in utilities and civil engineering operations. It is expected applicants will be experienced in a similar role. Great communication skills is also essential as you will liaise daily with other members of your team, subcontractors and clients.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive rate and work on a £35million telecommunications infrastructure project in Dundee.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.