GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Traffic Management CAD Technician to be based within the Planning Team.
The technician’s role will involve designing and producing CAD Drawings for various TM scenarios for a range of projects across Scotland.
- Produce Traffic Management drawings utilising Auto Cad for traffic management scenarios ready for submission to internal operations, clients and local authorities
- Liaise closely and report into the planning department
- Show good awareness of the timescales for undertaking required works
- Maintenance and amendments to existing designs as per internal and external requests
- Ensure all work produced is delivered on time and of the right quality
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant codes of practice and legislation
Skills and experience required:
- Relevant Lantra certification
- Familiar with Chapter 8 and street works code of practice
- Good IT Skills
- Working experience within a traffic management or utilities environment
- Previous experience of producing TTM plans on AutoCAD
- Previous experience in a CAD Technician role
The successful applicant will receive a competitive base salary and benefits package. The role can be based from any of our offices in Aberdeen, Dundee and Inverness. Working hours will be from 8am to 5pm Mon – Fri and extra hours may be required at times when the schedule of works is particularly busy.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.