GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Cost Accountant to join the Commercial/Finance team.
The Cost Accountant will effectively support and advise senior management on information relating to performance (cost, resources and outputs), monitor and report progress against plans, identify trends and advise on change to improve financial performance.
- Planning, Studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity.
- Collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reduction
- Analysing actual costs and preparing weekly reports recommending cost reductions.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditure
- Assisting senior management in pricing future jobs, by providing them with reports specifying factors affecting price and profitability.
- Analysis of stock controls, materials usage and fuel consumption and methods to improve same.
- Weekly variance analysis of actuals costs versus forecasts
- Reconciliations and analytical work and other ad hoc accountancy rolls including nominal ledger etc
- Providing accurate reports to key management, directors and owners
- Provide ad-hoc cost analysis and management presentations as required
Skills and experience required:
Part qualified or newly qualified accountant. A proven track record of working in a similar role is required, it would be advantageous to have experience working within the utilities or telecommunication sectors however this is not essential. Must be able to deliver accurate cost information, reporting and guidance to management. Computer literate with proficient knowledge of Excel and Sage 50 Accounts. Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, company vehicle, fuel card, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme. The role can be based in Aberdeen, Dundee or Inverness and will involve travel between the company’s three offices in these cities.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.