GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Procurement Administrator in Aberdeen to support the Procurement and Plant Management team.
- Raising purchase orders for goods – liaising with suppliers and colleagues for quantities and price
- Processing purchase orders, goods receipt and purchase invoices and related tasks
- Ensure all purchases have the correct authority
- Liaising with Managers and others to obtain quotations
- Communicating with suppliers regarding outstanding quotations or orders
- Investigate and satisfactorily resolve invoice and order discrepancies
- Offering general business support to the Procurement and Plant Manager and managing all administrative processes relating to purchasing
Applicants are required to having working experience within a similar role or hold an applicable degree or HND. Competencies required include being proficient in all Microsoft packages, excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and deadlines. Procurement knowledge in a utilities environment is not essential but would be advantageous. The role is office based and working hours are 8-5 Mon-Fri. The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.