GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Cabling Team for a £35 million Telecom Infrastructure project in Aberdeen.
The Cabling Team will deliver a quality fibre network on time, in line with the scheduled programme and in a safe and compliant manner.
- Installation of subduct and blown fibre tubing into UG network.
- Installation of blown and hand pulled fibre optic cable into UG network.
- Test rodding and roping of existing UG network.
- Adherence to the expected quality standards
- Proper and safe site setup including chapter 8 setup in-line with NRSWA.
- Understanding of UG network diagrams and straight-line diagrams
- Follow work schedule to meet deadlines.
- Adhere to high health and safety standards.
Skills and experience required:
Experience in FTTH cabling / blown fibre installations. A proven track record of working within the Telecoms Industry. PIA trained and towing licence is a requirement. NOPS, NRSWA and CSCS card must be held. The ability to produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs and data recordings.
Successful applicants will receive a competitive rate. Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.