GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require an Assistant Planner to join the operations team.
Reporting to the Programme Manager the Assistant Planner will give support to the planning team to enable efficient scheduling of works across telecommunication infrastructure build projects. The key areas of focus include resource and logistics forecasting and planning, build performance and reviewing development proposals ensuring compliance with codes and regulations.
- Prepares proposals and site plans in conformance with relevant regulations
- Acts as intermediary between client, council representatives and GCU
- Attend, report and present at all required meetings to pursue and share objectives agreed
- Handles rezoning, site plans, special use permits and related materials
- In depth knowledge of client contracts and documentation
- Strategic setting of the workstack and communication of this with the supply chain
- Present development proposals to relevant parties
- Sets schedule for project or development and flow of requisite materials
- Communicates with other managers, supervisors, and colleagues throughout project
- Managing jobs to ensure all constraints are identified and mitigated against to include but not exclusive to: NRSWA/TMA legislation, safe systems of work
- Develop and improve working processes and seek innovative solutions
Skills and experience required:
Utilities operational knowledge and experience of working with Microsoft projects is essential. An understanding of material and traffic management requirements and knowledge of NRSWA and TMA legislation is advantageous. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, an ability to build strong relationships and be operationally and commercially aware. The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.