GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require an Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join the commercial team in Inverness to work on multiple telecommunication infrastructure builds.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the QS will be responsible for managing commercial aspects of the project. They will control and manage costs, identify opportunities for increasing profit margins and oversee cost control.
- Estimating cost planning
- Contract administration and cost control
- Measuring and Valuing works on site
- Cost reporting on work
- Final account preparation
- Contract and dispute resolution
- Attending meetings and carrying out site meetings
- Formulation of Monthly Valuations, Commercial reporting, the identification and valuation of variations and the control of expenditure
- Recognise health and safety, risk and margin when carrying out all works
- Liaise with operatives to agree figures for incentive payment on a weekly basis
- Ensure adherence to Sub-Contracts and sub-contractor payments
Applicants will ideally hold a HND or BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent, have strong IT skills as well as being both numerate and accurate in their work. The role requires a surveyor with effective written and verbal communication skills, the confidence to use their initiative and work autonomously when required.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, company vehicle, fuel card, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details.