GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require Cabling Teams for Telecom Infrastructure projects in Inverness and The Highlands.
The Cabling Team will deliver a quality fibre network on time, in line with the scheduled programme and in a safe and compliant manner.
- Installation of subduct and blown fibre tubing into UG network
- Installation of blown and hand pulled fibre optic cable into UG network
- Test rodding and roping of existing UG network
- Adherence to the expected quality standards
- Proper and safe site setup including chapter 8 setup in-line with NRSWA
- Understanding of UG network diagrams and straight-line diagrams
- Follow work schedule to meet deadlines
- Adhere to high health and safety standards
Skills and experience required:
Experience in FTTH cabling / blown fibre installations. A proven track record of working within the Telecoms Industry. PIA trained and towing licence is a requirement. NOPS, NRSWA and CSCS card must be held.
The ability to produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs and data recordings.
For successful applicants we have long-term work available with competitive rates and accommodation assistance where applicable.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.