GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Trainee HSEQ Advisor to join the team in Aberdeen.
Supported by the HSEQ Manager the primary role of the advisor is to assist with verifying compliance of the operations teams while supporting them in meeting the requirements of relevant statutory legislation and HSEQ Management systems.
The trainee advisor will work as part of the HSEQ Team to reach a level where they can perform the below Key Responsibilities autonomously:
- Conduct work site inspections and HS audits
- Advisory to GCU management with regards to HSEQ solutions
- Conduct risk assessments, and COSHH assessments
- Conduct incident investigation
- Delivery of frontline inductions
- Investigate and report incidents
- Support Operations with HSEQ Advice
- Deliver Toolbox Talks
- Assist with the development and continual improvement of the Management Systems
- To Lead by example at all times with regards to all matters relating to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- To challenge and intervene when poor safety behaviours or unsafe conditions are observed
- To keep up to date with new HSEQ or industry related legislation
Skills and experience required:
It is desired that applicants have either passed or are in the process of obtaining their NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health & Safety. Graduates from a sector related degree will also be considered for the role. It is advantageous for applicants to possess experience working in a similar position within utilities or other related industry. It is essential candidates have a driving licence and willingness to travel to mobile sites. Successful candidates will have the ability to communicate effectively with individuals of all backgrounds and experiences.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, company van, fuel card, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should the position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details.