GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Civils Gangs for telecom infrastructure projects in Aberdeen and Dundee.
- Performing excavations, repairs and re-reinstatements, and installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets within the public highway
- Strong focus on Health & Safety whilst completing the work on time and to the required specification
- Complete appropriate paperwork for your daily works (job sheets / risk assessments / plant sheets / driver checks)
- Experience of risk assessment and hazard identification
- To be responsible for the company assets & plant assigned to you for the purpose of performing your duties
- Ensure compliance with all current client and council processes and procedures
- Keep wastage to a minimum and carry out any ad-hoc duties that may occur as instructed by the management team or team leader
- Ensure full and correct use of vehicles, plant and materials
Applicants must have experience in a similar role within the utilities industry plus excavation training / experience. The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external management is essential and the possession of a driving licence and NRSWA operatives card is desired. We offer a very competitive rate and we have a breadth of work live across Scotland plus a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future.