GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Project Manager in Aberdeen.
The Project Manager will be a leading part of the management team who are responsible for end-to-end delivery on a FTTP build. This role will be overseeing our day-to-day operations focusing on the execution of the project to ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Your primary role will be to ensure the project is operating within agreed targets, to manage on-site operations and to ensure the smooth delivery of the project.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage productivity, assign roles, tasks and responsibilities required for the successful completion of the project in accordance with planning, specifications and requirements
- Manage project Supervisors and ensure policies and procedures are being followed
- Ensure Supervisors efficiently manage manpower for all projects
- Lead support staff
- Ensure adequate plant and equipment available for all necessary works
- Hold team updates daily and arrange weekly and monthly meetings with Supervisors
- Building, retaining, and improving client and local authority relationships
- Adhere to and ensure that all aspects of health and safety are followed in line with legislation and company procedures
- Ensure all staff and sub-contractors under your control follow the procedures set out
- Report all incidents and health and safety matters as required
- Liaise with HSE Advisor on any requirements
- Ensure that the project is fully compliant with the local authority and statutory provisions for the administration of street works legislations
- Determine the resource requirements for the completion of all works throughout the project term
- Take ownership of the commercial aspects of the contract / project and ensure the project does not go into financial breach
- Identify ways to reduce costs and improve performance
Skills and experience required:
A proven track record of working at a senior management level on high value projects within the telecoms industry or other utility industries. Managers with a civils or a construction background will also be considered. NRSWA Supervisor certification is desirable. The ability to manage and supervise a project team within a fast-paced environment, understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness. The successful candidate will have track record of establishing a productive long-term working relationship with a client, resulting in the successful management and delivery of a multi-million-pound contract.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, company vehicle, fuel card, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme. Accommodation assistance can be offered where required.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details.