GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including: Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices in Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee and Derry, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception right through to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
GCU require a Poling Team for multi-million pound telecom infrastructure projects across Inverness and the North of Scotland.
- Installation and removal of poles, including dressing new poles
- Replacing/renewing existing drop-wires
- Replacing/renewing overhead and UG joints in the Openreach fibre and copper network
- Operate pole erection unit
- Cable Jointing
- Safe excavation works
- Operate MEWP and work at heights on telegraph poles
- Ensuring all works are completed in accordance with service level agreements
- Undertaking works in accordance with health and safety legislation, company and client health and safety standards
Skills and experience required:
Each poling team must have an operative that holds NRSWA Street-works qualifications at operative level including Cat Genny training. Have a full UK license (each crew will require a HGV Class 2 license). Any relevant PIA & Openreach accreditations (desirable). NPORS Lorry Loader and HIAB experience. IPAF 1B. Applicants must be flexible and have the availability to work away from home.
Successful applicants will receive a competitive rate and accommodation assistance can be provided where required.
Since 1998 GCU has been providing turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work live across Scotland and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details.