GCU require a Site Supervisor for a £35 million Telecom Infrastructure project in Aberdeen.
The Site Supervisor will effectively manage and oversee the day-to-day operational duties of field operatives, ensuring a scheduled programme of work is delivered on time in a safe and compliant manner.
- Management and supervision of all field operatives
- Support in the delivery of the business KPI’s and aiming to continuing to improve supplier performance
- Feedback risk to the management team
- Order materials/plant/transport etc as required for field resources to undertake their role
- To ensure resource capacity matches workload
- To undertake a pre-site survey before field activities, commence
- Ensure estimates/programmes are delivered on time and to specification
- To make advance requests for traffic lights notices, suspension of car parking bays, out of hours working etc
- To measure and record work undertaken daily
- Liaise with the client’s inspectors and planners and ensure that quality of work is as specification and to complete satisfaction of the client.
- To build and maintain a working relationship with senior management within GCU and the client
- Ensure all field operatives comply with the Health & Safety Regulations
- To ensure Road Opening licences/Traffic Control permits are adhered to
Control costs, productivity and efficiency of site and contract
Skills and experience required:
A proven track record of working at a management level within the Telecoms Industry or other similar utilities would be advantageous. Completion of NRSWA is required. Managers with a civils background will also be considered. The ability to provide management to field-based teams, understand and implement agreed plans which support the needs of the business and support operational effectiveness is required. A Site Supervisor will also be able to work collaboratively with senior staff within GCU, the client and the supply chain.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, company vehicle, fuel card, holiday allowance and enrolment into the company pension scheme. Accommodation assistance can be offered where required.