GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices and projects across the UK, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
Reporting to the Transport Manager the Fitter will be responsible for the maintenance, inspection, repair and testing of the company’s plant and equipment.
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test GCU’s plant and equipment
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to DVSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Prepare and present vehicles for 6 weekly inspections and annual MOT inspections
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and health and safety procedures are adhered to
Skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will be HGV trained, possess a HGV licence category C minimum and have previous experience working in a relevant Fitter / Technician role. Knowledge of workshop health and safety practises is expected from applicants. It is also expected applicants will be capable of carrying out work with minimum amount of supervision, effectively manage time and meet deadlines, have a good standard of verbal & written communication and have the ability to use computer systems. On offer for the successful candidate is a competitive hourly rate.
GCU provides turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work across the UK and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details.