GCU are a specialised contractor that offers a full suite of services to several key sectors including Utilities, Telecommunications, Civil Engineering and Traffic Management. With offices and projects across the UK, GCU work collaboratively with clients to deliver projects from inception to completion, producing high-end results while maintaining excellent safety standards.
Reporting into the HSEQ Manager the HSEQ Advisor will take responsibility for the HSEQ requirements on a new telecommunication infrastructure build. The advisor is the main point of focus with the client HS representative and shall work with GCU frontline squads and project management to ensure compliance and safe working behaviours are adopted.
- Conduct work site inspection and HS audit
- Advisory to GCU management with regards to HSEQ solutions
- Conduct of risk assessments, COSHH assessments and PUWER assessments
- Conduct incident investigation
- Delivery of frontline inductions
- On site coaching with frontline operatives in safe working practice/ behaviours
Skills and experience required:
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Construction Certificate (minimum)
- Driving Licence
- Ability to communicate with individuals of all backgrounds and experiences
- Capable of delivering against an HSEQ Improvement Plan
- 2 years’ experience in an HSEQ focused role
- Work based experience in an organisation appointed as Principal Contractor
- Working knowledge of CDM (as Principal Contractor)
- Safety training or on-site coaching experience
- Involvement in development of HSEQ Management systems
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, ISO45001:2018 and ISO14001: 2015
The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
GCU provides turnkey civil & telecommunication solutions to many of the UK and Ireland’s leading infrastructure clients, we have a breadth of work across the UK and a strong pipeline of work in place for the foreseeable future. Should this position be of interest, apply now or get in touch for more details